View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 06:57 PM   #36
Ketronj281989

Default Re: 1936 Ford V8 Service/Restoration Thread

Utilizing intense study and help from new found V8 friends there are several interior items that stand out as "rather interesting".

-The brown banjo deluxe wheel is indeed an original wheel from what I can tell. It is incorrect for this car. Brown 1936 deluxe wheel's were offered starting May of 1936 on all deluxe cars to match the new mid production brown dash interior. Before that the deluxe wheel in early production was grey.

-Front seat floor mat appears very very old, I would say at least 60+ years old. It would appear as an aftermarket item.

-I am not able to tell if the seats were ever re-upholstered. The mo-hair currently present is ancient or at least looks and feels to say the least.

-Door/window handle/crank appear different from what the 1935-1936 club books shows regarding early production 1936 model year.

-Plated dome light switch

-Dual overhead visors

-Accessory hot air heater, radio, and early 1936 mirror clock are correct and likely have been with the car for a very long time if not since it was purchased new in 1936. Currently not able to verify this claim though.

-Ignition appears to be the original with matching original keys!!

-Black painted steering column.

-Three digit trip odometer

-No deluxe window garnish

-No rear window shade

All of these items point to a new discovery, can you guess?
Ketronj281989 is offline   Reply With Quote