View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #9
JayJay

Default Re: Zenith "B" Carb Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDavid View Post
My thanks to everyone. Leak problem solved. Broke down carb and cleaned all jets. Everything fine now. Thanks again.
This by the way is my first car. 1964 I wanted a hot rod dad talked me into buying this car. Paid $450.00 and it ran but what a mess. We restored over the years. I drove this car all through college. I was the hit of the fraternity. Can't bear to part with it. Do have some other issues have to correct before it goes to my son's family.
My tail lights only work when the cowl lights or the high beam lights are on.
suggestions anyone? Check all wiring all connections seem sound.
The fact that your taillights work with cowl lights and high beam, but not low beam, doesn't cry out to me to be a problem with wiring or the lights themselves. More likely with the switch.

Down at the bottom of the steering column is the can that attaches the wiring harness to the bottom of the steering column. If you open that can you'll find the wiring harness connected to a flat plate with a bunch of copper contacts. As you rotate the light switch the contacts in the can (that engage the spider on the light switch rod) contact various of the copper contacts on the contact plate. I'd look to both sides of that connection - the contact plate on the harness and the contacts in the can - to be sure that all the contacts are corrosion-free, clean and grease-free.

On the back (wire side) of the flat contact plate in the wiring harness the wires connect to the terminals that go through the contact plate. Make sure they are all still solidly connected.

JayJay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.42.15 PM.jpg (8.4 KB, 11 views)

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is online now   Reply With Quote