View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #21
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: What happens now that all the questions are answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
Don't take the judging standard so seriously. The judging standard is a guide, and not necessarily correct in all cases. Go by the evidence you find on your Model "A," and what you learn by polling the members of your local club and the Ford Barn who have similar Model "A's."

Another point is that fine point judging and reliable touring don't mix. Cars restored to fine point judging are trailer queens, and not reliable.

I for one, can afford to have a fine touring Model "A," but I cannot afford to have a fine point show car, so the judging standard to me is nothing more than a reference book. Knowing my $$$ limitations, I build the cars I restore to my liking.

Frankly, restoring a Model "A" to showroom new condition is not representative of the way they were within a few months after delivery. The Model "A" fueled a revolution in aftermarket accessories, and there were fads like radiator art. There were gadgets galore for the Model "A." Many Model "A's" had some custom paint work that personalized the car to the owner's liking. For examples, many had extra pin stripping, wheel colors and I noticed that many cars had the upper hood panels painted upper body color.

Another concern has to be safety. Every Model "A" that is driven needs to have modifications such as seat belts, turn signals, safety glass, LED tail lights and headlights superior to the originals.

Touring reliability and comfort has also to be paramount for the touring Model "A's." A modern ignition coil, high cranking amp battery, electrical fuses, modified water pump, oil filtration, heater, muffler heat shield, extra padding in the seats, wind wings, and on and on and ......

Quite frankly, much of your entire post is absolutely FALSE, ...and what I highlighted in red I would challenge you against.

You apparently have no knowledge of how the F/P cars are restored. It does make others question just how a stock Model-A Ford was able to survive all these years as a 'stock' vehicle. Even furthermore, when you compare the percentages of the fine-point cars that complete the mandatory tour vs the 'modified drivers', the Fine-Point cars have a much higher percentage rate of completing the Tour without a mechanical failure than the other cars do.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote