View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #12
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: Gear ratio's and final drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvariel48 View Post

V8COOPMAN- Can you give me numbers for specific trans numbers from the Camaro or Mustang (1352-XXX)?
I'm not looking to pull the trans just yet, but if I do, I'd like to know what's available. I'm know there's no one size fits all, I just want better drivability if possible. I found out my trans is a bit of a Frankenstein. The main case was changed because of a large crack to a 1352-065-913 which is a 83-87 NWC Camaro/Firebird, but it was machined to accept the WC gear set that it came with. Tail is from a 93+ WC S-10
and the top cover is a 86-93 plain style.Thank you.
There are tables that list all the different gear ratios, I work with Ford T5s, but there are tables for the GM units as well.

The first chart is not readable, but you can find them online. Keep in mind that you have to match the input shafts, they are different!

The best combination, IMO, is a low rear axle ratio and close transmission gears with a higher 1st gear ratio. Gearing like is in the later Camaros (and Mustangs, but different input shafts) is close to the original Ford gearing and paired with rear axle ratios similar to the original gearing is the winning combination for fun driving. Again, IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T5identifier.jpg (17.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg S10 Gear Ratios.jpg (90.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg t5_spec_chart.jpg (79.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by JSeery; 11-27-2020 at 10:15 AM.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote