View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 07:39 AM   #333
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Tinker, Folks,

I skirt around the edges of being a hoarder. I understand the concept! Have seen it in action too. Might get there someday too. Thanks for the comments Always welcome!
Off to try to get started on wood working today.
So is there a place where all the B Engine specs are stored? Like the dimensions for the crank journals? My machinist wants me to give him the specs. I will find them eventually, I havent looked too hard yet.

I plan to get the trans on the engine stand soon for cleaning and evaluation.
Also have to try to get the water pump apart for review of the shaft. Any hints on that would be appreciated too.

A big shout out to Don Snyder of Snyder's Antique parts. I called with a tech question about the intermediate shaft from the distributor to the oil pump drive. I did not know how this came apart. (simple slip fit) Mine was rusted into the oil pump sleeve. Don assured me that a pair of vice grips on the shaft and some taps with a hammer would release it he was correct! Little things like that really help someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

Ok I have these old seat springs that were in the truck. They may or may not be the correct back springs and the bottom ones are not correct. But if anyone might need these for a project I would be willing to let them go.

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-31-2021 at 09:33 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote