View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 06:40 AM   #40
Synchro909

Default Re: Harmonic Balancer

If you have to remove the belt for any reason, you always remove it from the smallest pulley first and put it on the reverse way. That would be the water pump or alternator so if you loosen the belt and take it off the water pump, you should have enough slack to do what ever you want.

So my belt is tight as it is and when I need to move the alternator, it barely fits on. I cant see jacking up the engine to move the alt, or work on the fan/water pump.

Any ideas?

I'm guessing here but it seems to me that your water outlet at the bottom of the raditor might be in the wrong place. My lower hose is further from the block and I can vary it by twisting the whole hose and tube assembly. So much so that even with a belt 2" longer than spec, I can still have the belt clear the hose with it tensioned. That gives oodles of room to back off the alternator far enough to slip the belt off. Then, when the belt is slipped off the water pump too, it is VERY loose.

Last edited by Synchro909; 12-14-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote