Thread: YOM Plates
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Keith True

Default Re: YOM Plates

Here in N.H. it was pushed through by a couple of old-car friendly legislators.Where I am we can actually talk to the ones in our district.When YOM plates were first introduced here,we could only run one on the front.We had to run the standard antique plate on the rear.When the bill to run one plate was introduced here,a lot of us asked the rep why he didn't introduce a bill to run plates front and rear.He told us that any bills go up before a bunch of crusty old buggers for a vote,(him included)that are against change.He said you have to crawl before you walk.So,it was voted in to use one plate,then after a couple of years passed without the sky falling,he introduced another bill to run them front and rear.That one breezed right through.If you look at the floor discussion on it just before the vote,it looks like just a few minutes were spent on it.Those questions were from reps just clarifying a couple of minor points.I got the first two-plate YOM certification in the state when it went into effect.It was supposed to go into effect at 12:01 August first,but that fell on a Saturday.Here,any laws dated to take effect over a weekend actually kick in the following business day.I called at 8:15 on Monday to find out what I had to do to certify two plates,They had no idea.After they looked up the new law they sent me to the local registry to show them the two plates,they just wrote two plates on the old single plate certificate.It's free here.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote