View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 04:18 PM   #57
Ketronj281989

Default Re: 1936 Ford V8 Service/Restoration Thread

Further dissection: I was most interested in finding the serial number on the transmission housing. More so interested if the number matched what was on the frame. Guess what, they do!!! Serial number: *18-2892373* Pretty rare to find a matching frame/transmission these days. I want to say the engine is original to this car as well. It has all of the 1936 features. I am 99% certain the engine is original to this car just as the frame and transmission are. We have proof on the frame and trans!! The engine was likely rebuild and re-painted sometime post WWII as new findings indicate, more on that later!

Removing the floor was a job. Several findings indicate the rubber floor mat not original to the car. IT IS a very old replacement though. Thanks to my friend Michael whom pointed out the floor pans were replaced long ago. Sheet metal appears to be welded over the original pan or replaced all together. The driver side floor has rust corrosion that will likely need attention down the road. Metal battery cover appears to be the factory original. Both foot pedals appear to be from a later Ford, circa 1938. Toe boards may be the original, grommets are rotten. I find the foam sound damping an interesting take on top of the trans. This will have to be replaced or corrected to what the factory had originally. Transmission may have had a service performed years ago, or the engine pulled and painted. Both do not match in color. Universal joint cover and speedo cable look to be in good condition. Gasket will need replaced, leaking bad! Pulled the inspection plate on the trans to inspect the clutch assembly.

YOUTUBE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCISbnxCkzk

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (124.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (132.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (66.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (75.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (95.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (87.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (105.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Ketronj281989; 11-27-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Ketronj281989 is offline   Reply With Quote