View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
blucar

Default Re: Any studebaker experts on here?

I have had a passing fancy with the Studebaker cars/trucks since I was about 12. In 1946 my father had a friend that had a 37 Studebaker President, can clearly remember speeding down a highway and the odometer was on the high side of 100 mph.
Had a neighbor when I was a teenager, Paul and his wife had no kids, they took me under their wing when I was a troubled teen, thinking my parents were out of touch with the modern world.
Paul had driven Studebaker's since the 1920's, Paul liked to drive fast, and I liked that. My wife to be had a '46 Stude Champion coupe when I met her in '54, the engine had blown up so I put a new engine in the '46 for her.

The '46 and '39's were basically the same car. I would think that the floor pan, etc., would be very similar, cpe to sdn. I have a very nice book on the Stubebaker's, 1933-42, lots of great pic's, not much text.
I had a cousin who just passed away, two weeks ago, Kent lived and breathed Studebaker's. If it would be any help I can contact his son and see if he has any manuals, etc., on the Studebaker's.

Almost forgot, I have a '42 Skyway 4dr sdn, nice un-molested car that someone took the engine/trans out of before I bought it.