View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #56
KCTA Chris

Default Re: Confirmed, VIN problem that has always bothered me. What would you do?

I live in Mo. It's bad here.
Last year I had my vintage boat to the HP inspection 4 times, In the end I located the previous seller, drove across KS. and had to make a new bill of sale. Boat, trailer and outboard require separate paper for bill of sale. My boat never had a title or needed one, and EVERY outboard even if from the 1930's must have a title even if they never were issued one from the manufacturer. Icing on the cake: the young worker mad a mess riveting the metal ID tag to my restored mahogany wood boat, why not wood screws? "Because thats how it says to affix it in the manual."???

My '55 Chevy involved a judge declaratory statement because the title in Texas was motor number and Missouri uses body number on that year.

My '34 3 window chassis came from CA. He kept the body and title, had his new mfg. frame stamped to match and was legal in CA. Missouri told me to sue the title because in our state each title stays with the frame. Missouri issued a new title with existing frame numbers so now there are two '34s with same number.

Had an Inspection officer once told me swap meet frames do not exist in the state, luckily he has retired. I'm not even getting into my model "A" mess, I'm about to swap the chassis and the paperwork and process is overwhelming. The HP office and DMV don't follow the same guidelines therfor most answer involve a Judicial Statement ordering one agency to issue for the other. I'm a 100% stand up taxes paid legal guy and what I have to go through in this state is absurd. I see why historical documents are a trend in Missouri.

Last edited by KCTA Chris; 03-26-2018 at 10:28 AM.
KCTA Chris is offline   Reply With Quote