View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 07:23 AM   #28
CatMan1

Default Re: I'm not a Model A person

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Well I definitely understand your position as I have known others like yourself in a similar scenario. The likely issue is you purchased a car that you were told was Restored, however in reality, it probably wasn't, ...and now that is affecting your joy. You must remember however, the Model-A was VERY reliable when it was new, ...and can be when it is properly and thoroughly restored to be like it was when new. A 1956 Cadillac can be a unreliable car just like a worn Model-A can, ...so it really isn't that you aren't a Model-A guy, its more than you are a poor soul that was mislead on what you were purchasing. None the less, best wishes and hopefully you will find a better quality vehicle to enjoy.

I was in his shoes, recently, too. This is exactly what happened to me. My '28 is a restored car and I bought it, drove it the 65 miles home and now it sits in the garage awaiting an engine overhaul missing out on summer fun. I put it up for sale once, but backed out and now I'm feeling better and buckling down for the long haul! These are great cars and I'm sure one day I'll enjoy it.
CatMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote