View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
Onlybackroads

Default Cross Country, in a Stock Coupe!

Ok folks, I'm gonna start this thread here and now…

My buddy and I are going to drive my stock 1930 Coupe from California to Louisiana, to Arkansas at the end of September. I am 25, and my buddy is 33, and we've been back and forth across the country many times in many different ways, but not yet in an antique automobile. I am expecting both criticism and encouragement, so bring it on! I will update this thread as much as I can, although I don't have my own computer and I don't know how often I'll be able to post while on the trip.

We both play traditional fiddle music, love cars, love America, love adventure, and love antiques so this seems like only the right thing to do. We'll be driving short amounts every day, camping and playing music in small towns on backroads and probably even playing music at gas stations hopefully in return for gasoline! We're giving ourselves 30 days to make it from Concord, CA to Lafayette, LA. We'll be leaving around the 25th of September, so until then I will be going over my car hundreds of times, re-checking things more than they need to be checked, and vaguely planning out our route. It's also fun just to see where we end up, and not completely setting the route in stone. Hotels are not part of the plan, instead we have military canvas pup tents and wool blankets, it's fun to pretend like it's the old days while my body is still young…

I don't know if it's acceptable to ask this, but if anyone feels like donating anything to help us get across the country, I would more than appreciate it. I don't want to come off as a bum, but I am young and don't have a pile of money so anything would help. Otherwise we'll just do our thing and go anyway!

Last edited by Onlybackroads; 09-01-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Onlybackroads is offline   Reply With Quote