View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 07:35 PM   #15
Ruth

Default Re: Seat Belt Trimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by shew01 View Post
I just ordered a set of these based on this thread, and I’m disappointed. The ones I received from Juliano’s are made out of flimsy plastic and have a textured surface that does not slide over the belt under their own power. Essentially, I have to hand feed the seat belt to the retractor every time I take off the belt. Also, one of the springs “jumped track” while I was installing the retractor for the first time.

If these would have been made of smooth metal, the friction would be lower, and I could see that they might work well. The flimsy plastic that I received is hardly worth $20. Maybe my seat belts have a rougher texture than the seat belts in other cars, but they look pretty “normal” to me.

Just my 2 cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm surprised. Mine work fine. Did you 'wind' them up tightly when you installed them. I have had them on all four belts in my Town Sedan for ~5 years now with no problems.

They also have metal ones if you prefer. https://www.julianos.com/Chrome-Seat...p/ju010401.htm I have never used the metal ones.

Last edited by Ruth; 06-13-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote