View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #43
hardtimes

Default Re: Miller / Cragar Date Code? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetracer View Post
Hey Hardtimes,
There is no markings on the head other than the casting number and the Ni-Cr. I used the head bolts which came with the head. The head came with the intake, carb and distributor stand (which I used) and an exhaust manifold extension whic I did not use. I got a cam ground by Jim Brierley and built a B engine . I put the engine in a 30 A Coupe with a B transmission. My sons and I hauled it to Gold Beach OR where one son lived. We cruised that area and loaded it up and hauled it to Oceanside CA where we spent a couple days crusing Highway 1. Next step was a trip to Wendover Utah (not speed week) and blew a lot of salt all over the coupe. It was a fun adventure that I won't soon forget. If you would like to see a video my youngest son put together, go to ShaneReetz.com/Reetz-tales/
Your picture that shows the casting #50079-E and Ni Cr is really good and clear. You certainly do not have the large cast in A , which Cargar added to the original Scholfield tooling. Your head is without doubt an original Scholfield casting , circa 1930 !
Thanks for sharing your use of your Scholfield powered B Coupe in Calif !
Should have all the power that you would ever need to make that coupe zip along. Any pictures for us ? WE all love pictures !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote