View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:03 PM   #3
tubman

Default Re: flathead mercury EAC engine info needed

"EAC" is a '52 or '53 Mercury engine. They had the highest HP rating of all of the "normal" flatheads at 125 HP. (337 Lincolns and big truck engines are completely different and don't count.) To determine the exact year, check for letters and numbers stamped on the top (intake manifold) surface of the block. If they are there, there is a table somewhere that will allow you to date the engine, although it really doesn't make that much difference.. There is a chance it may not be a Mercury with a 4" stroke crank, but the color says Mercury to me and that ain't a fresh paint job.

That engine looks pretty good. It still has the carb and generator and was stored inside, which probably means it "ran when pulled". I have had very good luck with engines like this, but until you find out whether it is cracked or not, you can't really put a solid value on it. Also, trying to value this without pulling the heads is a crap-shoot.

I see "Merc Cruzer" beat me to it. I will have to say I think he is low on his value.

Last edited by tubman; 04-01-2020 at 06:15 PM.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote