View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:38 PM   #68
GB SISSON

Default Re: What in Tarnation?

Well..... The stock market isn't the only thing that didn't go well today. I was having fun driving my turbo boosted contraption with no brakes around my hillside this morning. Well, my son showed up for work and I had to show him how this thing goes. He started taking a video.... Well ,I live on a mountainside and while getting turned around, I engaged 3rd gear instead of low and lurched downhill toward the drop off at about 25 mph. I crashed through my wife's chicken pen fence and swung around behind my boat, finally finding the kill switch and shutting down before certain disaster. Not before the fence pushed my shiney Chinese radiator into my flexo o lite fan, ruining both......My kid was taking a video and you can hear the crash through the fence and the shut down of the engine soon after. I fessed up to my wife when she got home from the clinic and promised her I won't drive this pos any more... It will be a nice set-up in my pickup as it has new brakes and new tires all around, along with all rebuilt parking brake system etc etc. The chev clutch in the cummins conversion was smoooth as silk and all systems worked as planned. Just shouldn't have driven that old frame. Living in Washington state, Corona central. , I told my son that if I get it (chronic heart patient) Just point me down that hill in high gear. Way quicker. The video is on 'garymtpickett' on youtube and called 'death trap' or similar. feel free if you know how to post a link. Yes I know I am irresponsible and nuts to do the stuff I do.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote