View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #314
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

A Military crash, a Cropduster Crash.

Every military crash makes big headlines and this goes on for days. Lawyers gather for a picnic and would be authorities come from out of the wood work to provide their opinion. The media musters up some arm chair admirals or equivalent who speak with great authority, their ego’s flowing over. Well I guess these pilots have cost more than a million to train, some of them considerably more.The aeroplane generally costs many millions too.
Now a cropduster has taken flying lessons whilst he (mostly) has a job to finance his future career. It costs him too, but to a lesser amount of course to the military. He gains several pilot licences starting with a student and progresses up to commercial and agricultural pilot licence. He then gets adifficult to find job because he or she is lacking experience, then, in time, contributes to food and fibre production and maybe to health. He protects farmer’s crops and contributes to the national income. A good personal and professional effort, having gone without to reach his goal.
Should he be killed doing his job he may get a small once of column somewhere off the front page and sometimes several pages in.
Next time you see a cropduster do realise he is self financed and trained at no cost to the tax payer plus is making a substantial contribution to farming and to the national income. Please don’t forget the farmer and cropduster plus others in the food production chain. They put the food on your table.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat2.jpg (28.0 KB, 1 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote