View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 05:27 PM   #15
rotorwrench

Default Re: 28-29 Sport Coupe belt trim

I've watched a lot of items like this on flea-pay over the years. I say like this because I've not seen a decent belt molding yet. Original Sport Coupe stuff like the landau bars and the back light frame & glass for the top are offered anywhere from $375 to $750 but they tend to stay on there for multiple months. Long enough that I don't know whether they sold or not. I've seen belt moldings in the Swap Meet section on here but most were kind of rough.

Folks that are low on funds will tend to fabricate stuff from the closest fit materials they can source. I don't blame them either. I have a tendency to do the same thing. When parts cost more than what we used to pay for a whole car then it makes it harder to part with those kind of funds. Several sources sell the brass firewall trim for the early model Ts that used them for around 1911 or 1912 models. They are about the right size but they have to be formed to fit the belt area. It's not as easy as it might seem but it is doable. Brass can be silver soldered to attach things like the tips that fit the door latch area. Finding a metal strip to hold it on is another challenge.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote