Thread: Bye, bye, B-150
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #5
DavidG

Default Re: Bye, bye, B-150

Mart,

While few refer to the 1932 convertible sedan as such, but rather as the B-400, and by their names for the rest the '32s, I tend to think of the shorter body type numbers first for all of the body types, followed by their spelled out names, at least through the '37 model year. In the case of your car, to me it is first a B-55 and second a Tudor sedan.

Perhaps it is a sixty-seven-year association with '32 or the linkage of the body type number with the numbering of all of the body parts or a bit of both that has led me to think that way.

I acquired the station wagon in the photos more than fifty years ago and subsequently restored it (my second '32 restoration). Amazingly, it hasn't aged since then, with obvious exception of the tires which were progressively giving up the ghost, and it truly is as good as it appears to be in the photos. It had a half mile on the odometer when it left here, which I realize will appall some, but my thing is the restoration and what goes into that process. I also take pleasure in what is one handsome piece of eye candy.

It is going to a very good new home not far away.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote