View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #30
Jack Shaft
BANNED

Default Re: Engine inspection (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
Lol, you made me laugh with the pecking order comment. I lived in a golf course,country club for awhile. I don't golf but I also don't have anything against golf, I lived there purely as a business move. I worked for most of the people who lived there as I was an arborist at the time. I did the full range of tree services, pruning, removals, fertilization, pesticide, crane removals, stump removal,,,,,,,,,. At different gatherings or socials my wife and I would attend because it wasn't good for business and we felt like we needed to support the club. At a party one night I was standing in a corner listening and the hostess was asked by another lady, who had purchased a certain property, she leaned close to her and said with a disgusted look on her face "he's the manager of a furniture factory". We made eye contact just as she said it and me being the "tree guy" knew what she thought of me. It was great in one sense as no one who lived there was jealous of me, except my good looking wife and our younger age, otherwise they didn't care about us. We made great friends there who were real people with egos checked but some people like the lady I mentioned were actually sickening. Those people acted worse than high school "cool kids". I'm not the jealous type and am happy for anyone who prospers honestly, but that pecking order. lol
It has to do with your own skin brother,if your happy in it life is good,if your not no amount of money can save you
Jack Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote