View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 02:26 PM   #14
Zeke3

Default Re: Heater in a 35 cabriolet

With age comes wisdom, I like to think. My '37 had a little square hot water heater mounted in the center of the car, just forward of the shift lever. The heater worked pretty well, but whoever installed it thought there should be an extra 4 or 5 approximately 3/4" diameter holes in the dash panel (firewall) than were needed for the installation. I think it was his idea of "fresh" air ventilation, from the engine compartment. I have since replaced that section of the dash panel and have no plans to drill any extra holes in it, see my avatar. I also don't plan to install a heater in the car.

Make a template to show where you plan to drill holes. I would make the template the same size as the profile of the heater. On the 35 model cars, you should be able to mount a heater in the middle of the dash panel or on the passenger side. Use your template to decide on the best location for the heater. Do you also plan to install defroster ducting? The ducting could also affect your decision on heater placement.

Good luck with your project.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote