View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
JollyRoger

Default Returning member, changing priorities

Can't remember what my old username was, too many changes in service, etc. Was last here farting around with a '56 Fairlane tudor that I eventually gave up on. Currently farting around with a '63 1/2 Galaxie Sport Roof with a 289-2v 3sp MT. ANYWAY; Lost my Dad back in January of 2017 and with him went a fair amount of enthusiasm and motivation, because he thoroughly enjoyed seeing me make any progress on whatever I was playing with. Slowly getting back up to speed and realizing that I want to return to my "roots", so to speak, and do an A in his memory. Got my sights set on a particular car and hoping tax refunds come in quick come February... which leads me to this observation: Murray bodies are not well documented, apparently, nor are they well covered for replacement wood... and this leads to my question: Why? Just my impression, and I'm seeing it wrong?
BTW I'm not inclined or truly interested in "restoring", as I am in "preservation" and "renovation. Not looking for a show car by any means, because I simply don't have the time and money to put into going that far. A reliable and enjoyable driver is my goal and I KNOW it's possible on even a shoestring budget for anyone with practical skills to put to use.
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote