View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #10
down-the-road

Default Re: I want a Automatic with overdrive in my T-Bird

I am in the process of putting an AOD behind a Y-block. The available space under the floor is probably different between my 55 Customline and the Tbird. I’m still a long way from getting anything on the road, so I can only comment on what I have found out while gathering parts for this swap. Hopefully someone who has completed the installation can tell us how it behaves on the road.

What I found was pretty much the same information in the links provided in the earlier post by DMSFRR. Bendsten appears to be the only outfit making the adapter kit. The kit offered by PATC in Bossier City, LA is made by Bendsten according to communications I had with the folks at Bendsten. Pictures in the Second Chance Garage article look the same as parts I received in the kit from Bendsten. The kit sells for $950, a bit higher than $695 as reported in the article.

The AOD housing must be modified to clear the starter drive when using the Bendsten kit. That wasn’t too difficult a job. I drilled some holes to remove the bulk of the aluminum and cleaned up the rest with a die grinder. This did leave a small opening to the outside of that case that I’ll probably seal up with some epoxy. Kit installation instructions are available on Bendsten’s website.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...96a3ed.pdf?373
down-the-road is offline   Reply With Quote