View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #394
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

The administration of normal life matters.

One spends too much time on administration of stuff in their time.
If it’s not paying vehicle and house insurance, rates, or gas bills or electricity bills, telephone bills or toll road bills or vehicle inspection and registration or making out tax returns or paying medical insurance. It doesn’t seem to end in our house, is it also a burden in your house too. Bet it is.
I recently purchased a new car. New to me that is. In Sydney and departed over the harbour bridge and then via tunnel to the west where I found tranquillity to be back in the country. The fellow I made the purchase from removed his toll road tag but held registration and insurance until I arrived home. A few days later I received a bill from a toll collector who wrongly stated I was the owner of the car. Ownership hadn't been transferred at that time and was still in the name of the bloke I had purchased it from but I paid it anyway.
Then came yet another bill for the use of toll roads. When this correspondence became threatening I called them and stated that one, I was not the registered owner at that time and two, I had already paid anyway. The helpful woman on the other end of the line told me there were 17 toll roads owned by various operators. Had the previous car owner she explained, left the tag in place it would have been simple but the electronic gate keepers have read the number plate and looked at ownership several days after the event which showed me as the owner. And yes these operators all wanted their respective tolls.

And do you ever get a bill saying the amount owing is nil?
Does bureaucracy and stupidity get you down? Is it little wonder people want to jump off this world or become hermits ? The later is becoming more appealing to me.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote