View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
Lincoln

Default Re: Original Battery Caps - Can you ID these?

Forgot to mention that the vents on your 1937 battery caps were originally nipples that protruded above the cap and slipped into a rubber hose which carried the battery fumes below the engine compartment.
On your unidentified battery cell connector, if it is 1/4" thick then PROBABLY it was for the later Model A and the 1932-early 1933 batteries. I have several type connectors of different thicknesses with different script markings - none of which I can positively identify. Maybe Ford had different suppliers, or maybe they were of early or late designs.
I too have a small collection of unidentified battery parts with most being new and never used that came out of older Ford dealers' stock. Ford batteries of the Model T and Model A days had short lives and were relatively expensive to replace, so many of the larger Ford dealers rebuilt the old Ford batteries using Parts from the Ford Factory. Just about all Parts were available.
On your battery caps, these varied as well in cap thickness, flat or tapered seat,flush or recessed inner posts, and of course in the Script markings.
Lincoln.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote