View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #37
Rowdy
BANNED

Default Re: message received loud and clear

My pre-2006 experiences with the people judging, writing the standards and building cars to judge did not show politics to the level of what it appears you are implying. It is just their application, importance and definition of some loose terms and when to apply them.
The "90 Day Rule" and "Carried Over on Commercial Vehicles" until supplies were depleted are not all terms weiged in the same terms by everyone and even nearly disregaurded by some. When discussing different, somewhat controvercial parts near or shortly after a major change I got varying opinions depending on who I talked to and how the question was asked.

One example of this was the carburetor (and I have several others). The carburetor that was with the pickup was the early version of the single venturi with the false boss. JS stated (as I remember it) the single V carb was introdiced in mid June. The prorated manufacturing date of the engine was May 23rd. which should have had the later Double V carburetor. Yes, it is possible it may have been changed over the years, but what are the chances it would have had the wrong carb by under a months worth of change. I feel like there was an error in the research as to the introduction of the change. I do not however think it was intentional and there may very well be some lost records. Just to get a sense of how frustrating it can be for someone building on for fine points.

I am however alittle curious, why does this regional meet almost always seem to have the most and most legitimate complaints about the judging? I have noticed this more and more thae last several years. Possibly that participation is higher than some of the others or that the participants are more passionate than other areas???

Rod

Last edited by Rowdy; 07-24-2014 at 02:40 PM.