View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #37
Marco Tahtaras

Default Re: Second version of the throttle assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j. moordigian View Post
Marco,

You have 1 thing incorrect the "split sleeve" is a spacer that buts up against
the passenger side of the assembly,...it's hidden by the spring.
Thanks, fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrndln View Post
Marco,
I didn't know you wanted information from me on the second picture in the above post. I just checked the throttle assembly in the second picture and there ARE oil cups with small holes in the bottom of each cup in both places. Of the 5 or 6 throttle assemblies of this type I have, this is the only one that has oil cups. The rest just have holes in the forgings or castings. I didn't check the diameter of the holes in the other assemblies to see if there might have been cups present in the past. I think the cup type assemblies probably have a little larger hole for the cups to fit in. The throttle assembly with the oil cups looks like a forging as there are grind marks on the edges where it looks like someone ground off the excess material. I don't think casting are usually ground like that, but I could be wrong.

BTW, I measured the mounting bosses and the bosses on the assembly in the second picture of mine Marco posted are just slightly less the 5/16", which I guess means it is a forging.
Rusty Nelson
Thanks Rusty,

I need to review what I posted (or forgot to) but after spending more than half a day on this I need to give it a couple days. However here are a few thoughts / questions.

1. I would think those (and only those) with the cups will have the tops ground or machined flat for the cup as noted on Tom's pic.

2. I'm suspecting NO two piece forgings have the cups. We know SOME one piece forgings have the cups but do all of them? If not, were they flattened (ground) or otherwise prepared for cups?