View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #36
wrndln

Default Re: Second version of the throttle assembly

Marco,
I didn't know you wanted information from me on the second picture in the above post. I just checked the throttle assembly in the second picture and there ARE oil cups with small holes in the bottom of each cup in both places. Of the 5 or 6 throttle assemblies of this type I have, this is the only one that has oil cups. The rest just have holes in the forgings or castings. I didn't check the diameter of the holes in the other assemblies to see if there might have been cups present in the past. I think the cup type assemblies probably have a little larger hole for the cups to fit in. The throttle assembly with the oil cups looks like a forging as there are grind marks on the edges where it looks like someone ground off the excess material. I don't think casting are usually ground like that, but I could be wrong.

BTW, I measured the mounting bosses and the bosses on the assembly in the second picture of mine Marco posted are just slightly less the 5/16", which I guess means it is a forging.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote