View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #66
cabrioletgalaxie

Default Re: Hershey is Dying, Corrections are needed

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
For anyone who has walked Hershey it is understandable that riding a scooter gets the job done without the aches and pains. And lets face it gray or no hair car enthusiasts are older and hence the scooters. One might say the interest in the old cars may be waining, heaven forbid, but true. I understand years ago there were tons of brass cars around. Now look at the car corral and average the age of these cars. Much newer. I saw more brass parts on flea market tables than I did whole brass cars. Times change and think about the future when there will be Honda and Toyota parts for sale at the same tables. Enjoy it while it lasts folks. And finally look at Ford Barn where it doesn't cost anyone a dime to list and sell parts and you can do it in your jammies. I thought about that as I packed up neat Model A parts I brought all the way from Maine to Hershey, paid for 4 motel nights, ate out every nite and then drove back home, with half the parts I brought down to sell.
We all love the "sport" but we can both buy and sell parts more easily than going to Hershey. That being said, I'll be there next year!
cabrioletgalaxie is offline   Reply With Quote