View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #67
moasew

Default Re: Les Andrews books concerning errors within...

It would be great to have a section on the early Model A's. I was following les's book (showing the newer shift tower) on assembling my multiple clutch shift tower but it was opposite to the newer tower. i.e. the detent plunger goes in the opposite side of the multiple disc tower since there's no emergency lever near the transmission on the early A's. The plunger was used as a reference point for the fork shafts. I installed my multiple disc tower according to the book but found the fork shafts were reversed when I installed the tower in the car. This caused me to go looking for more tubular rivets for securing the shifting forks onto the shafts. I managed to find some old stock pins locally so I'm good.
I'm using the multiple disc tower on my single clutch transmission assembly as I want to use the tower which doesn't have a place for the E-lever. I also wanted to use the straighter shift lever .

Re Les's book there's no info on the first two early braking systems or either one of the powerhouse generators. I know of three vehicles in our small area here which are early (two are still not restored) so there must be an appreciable amount elsewhere to justify inclusions in the book. Les's book is very helpful in many ways however.

Last edited by moasew; 03-08-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Explain my issues much better
moasew is offline   Reply With Quote