View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
John Duden

Default 9 years 7 months, new friendships and unboken promise

Dad and I brought my truck home in the fall of 2005 as our project, i helped buy it at the age of 8 by collecting aluminum cans. When we brought it home Dad told me that we would restore it so i could take it to the senior prom.( at the age of 8 girls were the last thing on my mind when i got my truck) We lost dad to a shop accident in the summer of 2006, leaving a big hole in all of our lives, bringing Grandpa and I closer together. We worked on it and made great progress. I Met Don Turly here on the Ford Barn, and without his help this truck would not be anywhere near where it is at now. He has been my "mentor" "advisor" fininacial assistence, and the "kick in the pants" to get my butt in gear. I really dont know how i would have ever accomplished it with out him.
Grandpa and worked on it alot together, and his time came and he passed. This truck is restored to the best of my ability for them. And i never gave up on our goal of haveing it done for the senior prom, which is in 2 weeks. All i have left is to assemble the stake rack and get the monkey suit on!
Thank you All and for the encourgement, help, and friendships i have picked up along the way!
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg model AA.jpg (42.9 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg Model a restored.jpg (91.8 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg Model A restored 2.jpg (95.2 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg Model A restored 3.jpg (94.0 KB, 293 views)
John Duden is offline   Reply With Quote