Thread: Led Tail lights
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
Girl with wrench

Default Re: Led Tail lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
I used my existing "teacup" and put these in. They plug in where the bulbs were before. The one shown is the RH light, the left one has the license plate light.

I'm enough of a traditionalist that I was reluctant to change to the LEDs. Had a very close call, saw how bright the LEDs were on another car in my club, and made the change.

Used the same all red lights as Carl and highly recommend them. I'm still running 6 volt. Got mine from Snyder's. Easy to install. Plugged right into the tail light bulb sockets. Yes, had to file a little to get the cover to fit. Went with all red because modern drivers do not understand an amber brake light.

HUGE improvement on the road. Great night and day. Suddenly my Model A was treated like a real car. Tailgaters backed off. I'm a fan.

LED brake lights were so good that I'm now installing separate LED turn signals. Going with amber - again conforming to what modern drivers are used to seeing. Got them from Snyder's - the ones with the resistors built in so I can use a regular flasher on the 6 volt system.
Girl with wrench is offline   Reply With Quote