View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #38
The Master Cylinder

Default Re: Devastating Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis4x4 View Post
First use of flashing turn signals was Buick in 1938. Written driver tests haven't asked to define arm signals for years. Actually been driving my cars more then ever this year. While I do have turn signals on my CCPU. I also have 12v LED tail lights and a third brake light.
They most certainly DO in California. You also need to demonstrate hand signals to the inspector before taking your driving test. My son just took his test(s) last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S. View Post
One of the 1st things I noticed was that there is almost no one on the road today that knows what hand signals are! The only ones who realize what you are doing is bikers. Most people driving cars have no idea why your arm is straight out the window or straight up. They would go by you and waive back!
My son and his buddies get a kick out of people when riding in my Model A and the other drivers not knowing what hand signals are. (Yes they wave back). They all just learned about hand signals in driving school and have not "forgotten" them yet, I suppose.

Enjoying life at the beach in SoCal...

Last edited by The Master Cylinder; 07-19-2020 at 11:30 AM.
The Master Cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote