View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
Dennis (EV8G)

Default Re: any info on a 1934 delivery sedan

Here's a few pictures of the '34 Sedan Delivery my Dad, Richard Lacy, owned for about 25 years. It was restored by the late Don Thelen at his Buffalo Motor Cars shop in Paramount, California in the very early 80's. The color is a correct for '34 Cordoba Gray. Some liberties were taken to suite my Dad's tastes such as the dual chrome horns and chrome windshield frame. The upholstery is also far nicer than original as from the factory the rear compartment was trimmed with masonite panels. My Dad rarely drove the car because it was "too nice" and as someone else mentioned, they have huge blind spots. The car was supposed to have a passenger-side mirror but it got over looked during the restoration process.

The car was sold 8(?) years ago to a couple in Missouri who sought my Dad out through the V8 Club Registry as they were looking for a '34 Sedan Delivery specifically. They made quite a few changes to make the car more factory correct and we learned a few years ago by seeing a picture and caption in the V8 Times that it won a Dearborn Award. As far as we know they still own it and it may be the one that was seen at a meet in Indiana???