View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #13
Los_Control

Default Re: Condenser Issues

I hear complaints about cheap inferior over seas parts. We have all heard the horror stories with the modern condenser available to us.

I brought up in another forum recently, why cant we have some smart person make a quality condenser to work on our cars?
When we look at the job duties of the condenser, we already have parts available that would outlast the life of the engine. So I was told.
Issues they would not fit in the distributor and have to mount outside and run a wire.

I picture a retired gentleman in his garage, with some simple tooling, could stamp out the case and create a condenser .... 1 condenser made to fit a 8BA, would fit a multitude of other vehicles.
A few modifications with tooling, and could be making condensers to fit, Ford, Gm, Mopar.
Is no big boys Like GM or Ford going to jump into this,

Get a system down and create 10 or 15 quality condensers in a few hours. Sell for $20 each.

China condenser sells for $10, I would be happy to pay double for a good quality condenser.
With the internet today and the forums, I see no problem selling them. Could be fun traveling to swap meets and selling.
Just need someone to step up to the plate and swing the bat
I just think there is a need for a supplier and creates a opportunity for right person.

Whats it take to create a condenser from scratch?
Los_Control is offline   Reply With Quote