View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #1
Low-Blow

Default Can I Modify This Generator Mounting Bracket?

I posted this over on the HAMB, but things don't stay on the main page very long there. I am currently finishing up the flathead for my 29AV8 build. It's an 8BA with 8RT water pumps and a reproduction Edlebrock slingshot that is for the earlier engines (receipt from Speedway says 38-48). The issue that I am having is with the generator mounting bracket. I have the 21A fan setup so I want to run the 8BA style generator mounting bracket, as the fan bracket bolts right up to it. Evidently, there are more than one type of 8BA generator bracket. I have at least two. One of them will not even remotely come close to fitting my intake. The other one will slide down into the groove just a little bit, and then it binds. I have a 59A engine that I tried out the bracket on, and it fits all the way on with no issues. The question is this...Can I trim the sides of the generator bracket to allow it to fit on my new intake? My thoughts are yes, but I wanted to see if anyone else may take issue with it. Please see the pictures and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mock Up 1.jpg (85.6 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 10.jpg (81.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 1.jpg (56.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 3.jpg (42.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 5.jpg (50.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 6.jpg (50.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 7.jpg (35.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Manifold 8.jpg (43.8 KB, 88 views)