Thread: Drake parts
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #60
Fe26

Default Re: Drake parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46ford View Post
In the auto industry if we ship bad parts to an OEM we SOMETIMES cover return freight. But that agreement is made up front.

I never expect return freight to be covered when something doesn't fit. I also keep a core or two if the shipping is anywhere close to the core fee.

If they start covering return shipping, expect a price increase up front. It has to come from somewhere.
My point in an earlier post was; if the return shipping cost comes out of the profit, then that alone is enough incentive to improve parts and service.

Another point I made was that buyers dollars go to the cheapest product, and therein lies our dilemma. If people post on here about good and bad parts and service so much the better. (A list as I have mentioned will not work) However, if a manufacturer attempts to increase prices to cover the cost of return shipping he will soon find business dropping off.

If a 'sticky' or a separate section on Fordbarn were made available for this purpose then, those manufacturers supplying the best parts would not need to increase their prices, thereby making their quality parts cheaper than the others.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote