View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: sometimes all we can do is laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmek View Post
Get a different bank
Like "jetmek" says....."Get a different bank!" How true! There are banks, and then, there are BANKS! I had the good fortune, well over forty years ago, to begin doing business with a Credit Union located on the premises of my employment at the Houston Air Route Traffic Control Center. Through all those years going back to 1978, there have only been two wonderful lady managers. Although I'm now retired, we still do business there. For as long as I can remember, I've been able to walk into the manager's office, sit down and shoot the bull about each of our's children, or spouses, or whatever! Those two ladies have bent-over backwards for me for over four decades. Heck, I haven't paid any monthly banking fees at that place in over thirty years. About four times now, I've called the current lady manager from the Chevy House, wanting to know if I could pick-up a new Z-28, or a new pick-up, or a Tahoe, TODAY. She has always replied...."Get me a figure, I'll draft them, and we can fill out the paperwork when you come back to work next week. I cherish my particular bank situation. And I DO realize just how important a GREAT banking institution can be when you need it! There are still a few left out there. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote