Thread: 32 Roadster
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
glennpm

Default Re: 32 Roadster

Good suggestion for the front attachment points on the front cross-member engine mount pads.

For the rear I would make a plate that bolts to the rear cross-member spring bolt holes on the bottom, weld a pipe to this plate pointing toward the rear and brace side to side, the pipe that is, to the rear tube frame rail bolt holes.

Glenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Tom View Post
Carl,

I don't think a rotisserie for a 32 roadster body is available on the open market, same with plans. I think your on your own. If I were doing it I would buy two engine stands, then install a stock firewall and use the engine snubber mount holes as a rotisserie mount point. The back is a lot more tricky. Assuming you have a floor and sub-rails, I would create a mounting plate in the body and use body to frame mount points and the front corners of the deck lid opening as attachment points. Keep in mind that both rotisseries must be on the same axis.

There is another design that uses hoops attached to the bottom of the body. The hoops surround the body. You roll the body on the hoops.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear setup for Rotisserie aka Engine Stand.jpg (56.6 KB, 54 views)
glennpm is online now   Reply With Quote