View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
QGolden

Default Re: Batteries...batteries...batteries

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I get 8 to 10 years out of Motorcycle Batteries, they are notorious for only lasting 3 or 4 years. I can get 10 years out of a battery in my Plow Truck as well. I do this by deep discharge and slow recharge during the periods of unuse. <Is that a word?>. Any way, during the off season a couple of times, I turn on my lights and allow them to drain the battery, then bring it back up on a two amp charger. After it is mostly charged I transfer it to an electronic maintainer which cycles the battery. I leave it on the electronic charger for a week or two, take it off, then a month or two later, repeat the process. My electronic charger will error out if I put it on the totally drained battery, so I start with an old style direct charger. I consistently get over a decade out a battery this way.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote