View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
329s

Default Re: Unusual Engine Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNERBUN View Post
Here in Australia, most of our engine numbers are prefixed with a CA followed by the numeric and a star at each end. I have just been given this A engine (*CAU8511*) but the number is somewhat unusual (to me anyhow) It is prefixed with CAU, This is the first I've seen with a CAU prefix. Does any one know what the significance of the U is.
I also have two other early engine blocks which have the 5 bearing cam shaft, one which has a four digit engine number in the mid 4000 and another in the 15000 range. The Four digits in this CAU motor falls between these two early engines but it is not a 5 Cam bearing motor.
Unfortunately this engine has some serious corrosion problems and may never see the light of day again.
Thank you in advance for any information
This particular engine, within the CAU Series, was produced somewhere between June 12, 1930 thru August 7, 1930.

Each "series" of engines which utilized the three letter designation, was used with numbers 1 through 10,000 for each letter combination.

So your CAU8511 is one of 10,000 made within the CAU series.

MARC/MAFCA Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards, Area F, Page F-2, Canadian section.

Pluck

Last edited by 329s; 09-08-2012 at 09:45 PM.
329s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)