View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 09:14 AM   #6
dmaxweb

Default Re: Rumble Seat Deck Lids 30-31

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
You are correct that the deck door is different between the two. Also factor in the A-41440 Deck Door for the bodies without Rumble Seats also did not have the clinchnut inserts for the rumble hinge brackets like the A-52435 Door did. More often than not, the hinges for the rumble deck door have been mis-drilled which causes alignment issues.

To answer your question regarding converting back, quite honestly, there were not that many factory-built Rumble Seat bodies back in the day. Buyers that needed a 2nd seat opted for a Tudor/Fordor/Victoria Coupe. Most of the deck doors that I see that were on older rumble seat car restorations have been converted from a trunk. This is usually distinguished by the way the rumble hinges have been attached.
I'm not talking about "converting back". I have a '30 rumble coupe with a '28-'29 lid. The lid needs body work, filler and repaint. All of the rumble hardware (hinges, stop, braces, etc.) is original and functions fine. It doesn't make sense to put all the work into repairing an incorrect year lid. Hence the question regarding availabilty of '30 lids.

Plus, the current lid has a short shaft repro handle. I have an original long shaft handle restored and ready to go.

Last edited by dmaxweb; 05-07-2020 at 09:20 AM.
dmaxweb is offline   Reply With Quote