Thread: Running Poorly
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
Steves46

Default Running Poorly

The odd thing to all of this is that when she first starts-up, it runs like a sewing machine however, after complete warm-up, the problems set-in for it begins missing and acts like it want to stall when staionary. In fact, it does stall when I stop at an intersection.

To begin my troubleshooting, I decided to adjust the idle speed as instructed by my Les Andrews manual. When I turned in the idle/air mixture screw clockwise, the motor did not stall rather I began to hear an air hiss from that area when the screw was momentarily seated. I backed it out about 1 1/2 turns and the air hiss went away. Is this normal for these carbs?

Other things I checked were possible leaks at the manifold and carburetor flange but did not get any rpm increase when I sprayed some brake cleaner around those areas. Also removed the gas cap just in case of fuel enting issues but that too did not make any difference. I am still learning about these cars but stumped as to why it runs poorly when warmed-up. Greatly appreciate any other things I should check. Steve

Last edited by Steves46; 01-02-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Steves46 is offline   Reply With Quote