Thread: Used camshafts
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:42 PM   #15
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Default Re: Used camshafts

Pete is a very knowledgeable guy (among many others on the Barn). There is a pattern of when someone with in-depth knowledge attempts to share a little a ton of people start posting how they have done whatever for years and it works just fine! We need to decided if we are interested in tapping in to the wealth of knowledge available or if the real question is "what is the most I can get by with until I cause major damage". There is an endless stream of stories about how someone has done such in such and got away with it. In my life I have seen some fairly unbelievable things done on and to car that people have "gotten away with". Some are outright dangerous and some are just damaging and some are just poor practice. Myself, when folks like Pete post, I pay attention!! And there are many others that post here that deserve the same respect from me at least. There is really no where on earth you can get the type of information and knowledge that is available here. But I am starting to notice some of these Barners are posting less and less, and it may have to do with the endless add-on post about how the information provided is wrong because I have gotten away with it for years. I know a lot of what people get a way with, I see it all the time. I for one am interested in what is the best approach from someone with the experience and knowledge. The next up on the list is if someone attempts to point out why a particular issue is important, they are arrogant because they do not see the benefit of half-assing something. I just hope the ones with the information to share hang in there. I love hearing from experienced posters and absorbing what little I can!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote