View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:51 AM   #14
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1929 model A Tudor value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Very nice car....Add new tires,hoses,paint the hood,Clay bar the paint,will put the car @ $12,500 New tires will make it look fresh and ride real nice. Leave it as is,expect 9-10k.
For myself I would have to be at $7,500 This would allow me to spend 2k on taking the car up to the next level,then I could sell it for $12,500. Being a 28/29 Tudor it's a tuff market.
Good luck with that!! New tires and Hen's Teeth seem to be on the endangered species list for 2022 (-and likely 2023 too!!).

Seriously, I agree with Fred that this car is likely going to be $10k or under on selling price. From a distance, the car would appear to show well, but there is plenty of competition out there for comparable Tudors to choose from. IMHO, items like the leaking head gasket will raise a flag to a hobbyist that is new to the hobby and does not have mechanic skills. As admitted above, the paint is beginning to give up which is a flag as most people buy 'shine'. For me, it looks as if someone was doing a fairly nice amateur restoration however the car was never really finished. In other words, the restorer had the mindset of 'it will be good enough'. Where I get that from is the front bumper brackets appear to still be bent, the floormat, the sagging front spring, lack of striping, hood paint, and maybe a few other things tend to be small flags for me. With that said, someone who has some skills in their garage could likely take this car and move it up a level by changing the window trim color to be more authentic, add the floor mats, clean and detail the engine compartment, install the generator wire conduit, install the correct style carburetor, repair the bumper brackets, change the tail lamp lens to more authentic ones, and a host of other little things, ...and this car would likely show well enough to attract most buyers in this market.

One very positive thing it does have is a nice interior. Generally speaking, Ladies like a car that smells nice and looks clean inside when they are riding. (The driver's seat relocator this car has is a nice thing to have for most of us. ) Good Luck on your sale!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote