View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 03:29 AM   #6
KULTULZ

Wink Re: Disk brakes on 55 ford sedan

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Let me begin my b!cthin' session.

I studied the BIRD disc/drum conversions and the first round of kits came through with resized rear wheel cylinders to hopefully somehow overcome the bias between front disc and front drum. Ain't gonna work that way. Front disc is considerably more aggressive than front drum and the only way to hopefully control the bias is with a front metering valve and rear proportioning valve, period. The later kits (BIRD) included the PPV (in the form of a COMBINATION VALVE I believe). I think somebody woke up.

When you go to a larger tire on a car, it adds leverage and most likely will over power the original brakes.

Most of these kit offerings are not (IMO) thought out well and include many parts that will not work together. And then they sell you a kit with GM/CHI-COM parts and will not tell you what exact application they were from so you are stuck trying to find correct service replacement parts at the next brake job.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote