View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:34 PM   #22
greenpondmike

Default Re: oil with out zink

Sorry Paul, I still don't believe him. He is just like many I have seen on the web that says these things to calm down all those people like me that is angry with the epa for ruining our oil. He even has a link to that 540 ratblog that deceived me into using modern oil again. Anybody can write or say anything and if you mix it with the right catch phrases it could sound believable especially if one has a pedigree like he does. As I said, I was a teen in the 80s and also I had a truck by 84 and did my first oil change. Back then I used gulfpride 10w-40. Man, that was some good oil. Later on I used pennzoil 10w-40 and valvoline 10w-40 and even castrol 20w-50. Those oils were good back then compaired with the whimpy offerings they sell today at 2 or 3 times the price. I'm not ragging on you for believing that article, but I can't believe it myself. I mean, if zddp was enough in the 80s with that low level of zddp as the article says, then why did they increase it in the SG and SJ rated oils in the 90s--I mean, why did they feel the need to? The SG and SJ rated oils were the standard by which us old timers measure these modern oils by, but I think and from experience know the SF rated oils were better than that article say they were. There are websites all over the net telling this propaganda just so we will accept their "green epa friendly" oils at the severe risk of our old engines. Sorry if I sound angry--I am, but I'm also not ragging or downing anyone here--just disagreeing.

Last edited by greenpondmike; 09-02-2020 at 09:27 PM.
greenpondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)