Thread: Nu Rex
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
Synchro909

Default Re: Nu Rex

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I run a distributor with points and coil and standard advance mechanism. The compression readings (cold) are all about 110 psi and I have a down draught carb and modified cam. I have found that setting the timing at TDC is WAY too far advanced. My solution was to set it retarded at idle so the advance didn't end up too much. 15-20 degrees retarded at idle is about right and the timing light shows about 8 # advance at the fully advanced position. I've stuck with the manual timing adjustment so I retain control over it. On the road, the engine is very sensitive to timing adjustments so to use an automatic advance system, I'd have one heck of a job to get the timing just right.
All that said, the first of their auto advance jiggers I saw was on a customer's car but he had diddled with it and put it back together the wrong way around. It retarded when it should have advanced. I spoke to Nurex about it and they asked me to send it to them. I did and they sent it back assembled correctly all for no charge. Can't complain about that service!