View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 04:46 PM   #14
goodcar

Default Re: Finding local A people

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldforder View Post
I am quite new to this forum, so would like to tell you a few thing about myself. I am old, as my 75th Bday will be on St pats day. I feel old in my bones, but not in my mind. I have been a mechanic all my life. I went to school for diesel farm tractor, but didn't work as that for long, and went to work at a ford dealer as an auto mechanic. Then at an independent garage, then opened my own shop where I repaired cars till early 1980s. Then my sideline business of selling and repairing lawnmowers and other OPE became so large and cars started to get kinda computerized, so phased out the auto business, but of course repaired my own. I am now retired. About 10 years ago, I decided I would like a classic car to take to shows just for the fun of it. At the present time I have a 64 for ranchero that is only driver quality, and a 65 mustang 6 cyl. automatic, that is show quality. AND of course the 29 Tudor that I bought last fall. I got it from a guy that had started on it but claimed health problems. It has driver quality paint, and an interior that was probably done when it was painted, probably 40 or 50 years ago?? It runs very good, and drives nice and stops ok. It has new top, and new tires, and lots of new front end and steering parts, It needed some minor wiring fixed, and I put on turn signals that I kinda built myself. ANYWAY, there is no local model A club, and although I am very active in the local mustang club, (past president) nobody knows ANYTHING about model As. I think there a few around the area, and would like to see if anybody would like to form a local club. The closest clubs to me are in Lincoln 75 miles and Omaha 80 miles.
Herman Gragert in St. Edward has a Model A. Check with him.
goodcar is offline   Reply With Quote