View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
Bursonaw

Default Re: Progressive linkage vs straight linkage on a 2x2 manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bursonaw View Post
With progressive linkage brings up another question. Does the secondary carb need any modification in this application? In my tri-power setup the outer carbs are modified with no mixture control and heavier butterflies to avoid leaking fuel caused by engine vacuum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I answered my own question. Here is a write up I found about The Holley 94 Secondary carb.

CARB BASE-HOLLEY 94 Secondary Base Assembly-w/Spring This is what you need to make your outside carbs work right. This base our new alum base reamed and fitted with a new throttle shaft-- and fitted with our new 12 degree throttle plates that give you a great seal with no sticking in the bores.Throttle plates are lapped to bore. This base is an exact reproduction of the original early holley 94-2100 base. These bases are used on the outside carbs on a 3x2 setup and on the outside carbs on a six deuce setup when running progressive linkage. They can also be used in any other location where you dont need or want an idle circuit such as the secondary carb on a dual setup running progressive linkage. These bases dont have any idle circuits And come with our new torsion return springs and carb arms. These eliminate the need for any throttle return springs and work much better. Due to the 12 degree plates --you dont need any throttle stop screws or hardware on your carb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bursonaw is offline   Reply With Quote